Recent Posts

Thursday, September 17

Snow Pea Harvest

I got to eat my first homegrown snow pea yesterday.  There was only one that was ready to be picked, so I just ate it straight off the vine.  Yum, yum!  I have tons of new flowers forming, so I should get a decent amount soon for some stir-fry.

The pods do come in really fast once the flower forms.  Here is the snow pea pod just three days ago.

Then here it is yesterday, when I harvested it.

The actual plants grew really fast, too!  The seed packet says 72 days to maturity, but it has only been 53 days.  I wasn't expecting snow peas for a while, but I'm glad they decided to come early!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Darn it, I knew I should have opted for the snow peas this year instead of regular shelling peas....My peas are taking foooorever. I don't think I'm gonna get a crop this fall. Oh well, there's always next year.

Also, the packet of snow peas I looked at also 70 something days...deceptive advertising!

Lisa said...

That's how I feel about a lot of things, too (there's always next year). I got a late start on a lot of things, so I am very excited to start fresh in the early spring.

Post a Comment